RE:Help! D.Capillaris not doing too well :-(.

From: Paul McCullough (paulmcc@home.com)
Date: Mon Nov 15 1999 - 13:51:23 PST

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 16:51:23 -0500
From: Paul McCullough <paulmcc@home.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE:Help! D.Capillaris not doing too well :-(.

Matt-

    My first guess is that you're overwatering them. My d. capillaris
thrive when the soil is dry to damp, not soggy. I don't know what the
natural environment's like for this variety- although they look like d.
rotundifolia, the similarity ends there. I've seen d. rotundifolia
thrive under water (tidal)- they love it soggy as does d. intermedia
(which likes things even wetter). So, I'd back off the watering and see
if this helps. Also, watch the plastic cover doesn't allow sunlight to
slow-cook your plants- this would be my second guess as to what's
wrong. Everything else you're doing sounds right.

Cheers,
Paul

--

My New Webpage URLs: -------------------- 3D Animation World: http://members.home.net/paulmcc Carnivorous Plant Page: http://members.home.net/paulmcc/carniv.htm Movie Reviews: http://members.home.net/paulmcc/movies.htm