Tuberous Drosera WANTED! & cultivation tips?

From: Sundew Sundew (sundew@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 21 1999 - 07:29:01 PDT

Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 10:29:01 -0400
From: "Sundew Sundew" <sundew@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Tuberous Drosera WANTED!  & cultivation tips?

Thanks to a friend (you know who you are!), I've got 6 new varieites
of tuberous Drosera all set to a Northern hemisphere season
schedule. Just potted these sprouting tubers and had some questions
I thought some of you would be able to answer. I am also interested
in trading tropical Drosera or other CP for more tuberous Drosera
set to U.S. seasons if anyone's got spares!

1. Humidity - Previously, Ive grown all my CP in sealed terraria
but have heard from some other growers that their plants (especially
pygmy Drosera and Tuberous ones) grow better without any enclosure,
with lower humidity.

2. Lighting - I grow all my plants under fluorescent lights but the
friend who sent me these tubers instead suggested I try growing them
on my windowsill (eastern exposure) where there's direct sunlight
from dawn until around 12 noon. (~5 hours). Any thoughts /
opinions on this? This would be a lot easier than setting up a
separate timer and allocating the space under my lights, not to
mention the plants will be subjected to cooler temps on the
windowsill.

So, as of now, these tubers are sitting in uncovered pots, on the
windowsill until further instructions :) I also moved a pot of
D.scorpiodes there and plan to do the same with a few other pygmies
I've had to shuffle around due to space limitations. Feedback?
Anyone? Please? :)

Thanks! Matt

[HTML file part2 deleted by listprocessor]