Re:Nepenthes hybrid

From: Peter Kronenberger (Peter.Kronenberger@ping.be)
Date: Wed Oct 20 1999 - 16:25:14 PDT

Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 00:25:14 +0100
From: Peter Kronenberger <Peter.Kronenberger@ping.be>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:Nepenthes hybrid

Hi Steve,

Some plant shops in Belgium currently sell "N. coccinea" (labelled with a
code Derku002, Fleurmerc), in the two forms that you mention. Most of them
have a similar color pattern as N. x coccinea shown in The Savage Garden
(i.e. red with green spots). A minority looks like 'N. x morganiana (green
with red spots). The shape of both forms, however, is rather slender (like
the N. x coccinea picture).
I bought a single pot containing the two different plants, and the pitchers
they produce remain differently colored.

Vriendelijke groeten,

Peter Kronenberger