CP care

From: Steve Hinkson (sphinkson@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Oct 20 1999 - 01:30:56 PDT

Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 01:30:56 -0700
From: Steve Hinkson <sphinkson@worldnet.att.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: CP care

 1) When is the best time to transplant these plants?

Best is subjective, I prefer just before spring growth resumes.

2) What is the best way to transplant?

Carefully...? *grin* Try to avoid breaking a lot of the thin little
roots, and keep the plants shaded for a couple weeks afterward.

3) Is a dormant period necessary?

Yes, it is for the plants you listed.

4) what is the best way to induce dormancy?

Gradually cool down the growing environment until you get below 40 F.
Then keep them at that temp for at least 2 months. (3'd be even
better)

5) Any suggestions on how to set up a terrarium for these plants?

A # 1 planting medium, again, in my opinion, is live sphagnum moss.
It's naturally fungicidal, and shows water stress before the CP do.

--
Drop by and see me at :
 http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/6811