CP pics

From: John Green (HPJGREEN@ihc.com)
Date: Tue Oct 19 1999 - 10:53:13 PDT

Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 11:53:13 -0600
From: "John Green" <HPJGREEN@ihc.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: CP pics

>please. this is the last time i'm going to ask this(as the dealine for
my
>project is closing)
>i really need some pics that i can use to win my class over onto my
side.
>they all think that cp's suck and byte, but i don't think so, so for
my gcse
>english lecture i'm gonna do cp's. the only thing i'm lacking are some
good
>pictures which are sure to change peoples minds about cp's.
>if anyone out there knows the url of a site where i can ask if i can
use the
>photos or have any themselves that i can use, please e-mail me, as i
really
>need them.

Why don't you just check out the ICPS webring? Once you start surfing
you're bound to find tons of great pictures. This isn't intended to be
rude, but you need to take the initiative and find those pictures
yourself, because apparently no one is going to do it for you.
Personally, I'd recommend Niagara Carnivores, or some of the Nepenthes
sellers, like Malaysia Tropicals or Borneo Exotics (sorry, I don't know
the urls but you can look them up). You could look at Barry
Meyers-Rice's Galleria Carnivora. That's loaded with fantastic pictures
from all genera. Seems like I've seen some great ones on Kamil Pasek's
home page, too. I doubt these people would mind if you ask. And forget
about what your classmates think; sooner or later you'll realize that
pretty much everyone thinks that CPs are weird, and when they find out
you grow them, they'll think you're weird, too. But so what? It makes
it all that much better when you can show them how cool and common they
really are, and they agree with you.

FWIW
John S. Green - quiet grower of weird plants
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA