Nepenthes madagascarienses

From: Jos Franken (jfranken@wxs.nl)
Date: Sun Oct 17 1999 - 15:52:35 PDT

Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 23:52:35 +0100
From: "Jos Franken" <jfranken@wxs.nl>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes madagascarienses

Hi folks,

So far I have sent out 25 packets of N. madagascariensis seeds.
Some people have asked me for growing instructions. I haven't grown this
plant yet ( the seed was partly wild collected and partly bought from a
local grower) but this is what I am going to do:
Sow ASAP in Nep. compost at a temp > 25C.
After the seeds have germinated, keep it somewhat less wet than other Nep's.
Summer temps: 20C - 35C Winter temps: 15C - 25C.

Are there experienced N. mad. growers who can comment on that?
As the seed is partly wild-collected; is it wise to sterilise it? For
example with H2O2 3% ?

Bye and happy growing,

Jos Franken

P.S. I still have a few packets of seed.....

What is a botanist?
A botanist is someone that tramples a hundred rare plants to tear
one very rare plant out of the ground......