Help

From: Marc Bernstein (mb@crl.com)
Date: Sat Oct 09 1999 - 10:12:13 PDT

Date: Sat, 09 Oct 1999 10:12:13 -0700
From: Marc Bernstein <mb@crl.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Help

First, I'm a newbie and need some feedback about how I handled a raccoon
incident.

I live in SF on the foggy side and have been leaving my six various cps
in their individual pots resting in a couple of inches of water inside a
larger flat. I set the whole flat outside on the ground of a raised bed
in my backyard.

This morning the pots were upended in the water and the soil completely
dissolved, I could only find four of the six plants.

The six I had were:

purpurosa venosa - It survived (I guess)
dichotoma (giant)
D.capensis
P.Caerulea
D.muscipula
D.spatulata

I don't know which scientific name is the flytrap but it survived.

I think the D.muscipula survived (smallist redish skinny leaves all
branching from the base)

I also have a plant I guess to be capensis. Long thin branches that
separate into three or four long thin hairy skinny leaves.

Any help with identifying these would be appreciated.

Also, and more importantly, how to recover.

I got some 'genuine organic sphagnum' Canadian - Fisons, crumbled it up,
wet it first. put it in the former small plastic pots, put the plants
back in roots down, set them back in a couple of inches of water.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Marc