Malathion

From: Ray Brusasco (rmbrusas@pacbell.net)
Date: Fri Oct 01 1999 - 19:08:57 PDT

Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 19:08:57 -0700
From: Ray Brusasco <rmbrusas@pacbell.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Malathion

I've experienced a general spray of the type you describe. As near as I
could tell, nothing happened to us humans and the dog. I couldn't speak
about Sarracenias or the koi - I would check up on the impact upon fish,
especially if you have a delicate sort.

I have used integrated pest management for several years now, rather than
insecticide. It is a bit tricky and you have to keep on top of things, but
it is fascinating to watch the predators bring a population of "bad bugs"
under control. Very instructive to the young ones, too.

RMB