DR!P UNDER PRESSURE

From: RICHARD DAVION (davion@camtech.net.au)
Date: Thu Sep 30 1999 - 05:26:49 PDT

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 21:56:49 +0930
From: "RICHARD DAVION" <davion@camtech.net.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: DR!P UNDER PRESSURE

Dear All

Are there any Engineers among you who could tell me the
relationship between orifice size, pressure and amount of fluid
expelled over time?

You see I've just changed from sprinklers to drippers in my
'Dinky-Di' greenhouse and have managed to decrease the flow-rate
from 32 Litres a minute to 8 and I think at this point in time that
I might in fact get a more efficient cooling effect using less
water to boot!

The dream of having an ambient temperature of 28oC (82.4F) or less
on a 42oC (107.6F) day might not be too far from the rhelms of
possibility afterall.

Now all I need is a team of Greek Gods to hold up the beams of
Myechidna and I'll be laughing!

DAVION