northiana and merrilliana

From: Catalano Marcello (catalano@internode.it)
Date: Mon Sep 27 1999 - 12:45:47 PDT

Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 21:45:47 +0200
From: Catalano Marcello <catalano@internode.it>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: northiana and merrilliana

hi, After the long discussion about N. northiana I'll tell you how
it passed this summer. In the spring the leaves were growing but
without producing any trap. The tendril used to grow for one cm and
then stop. The strange thing is that also without catching anything
(because of any trap) in the last two months the leaves are
increased in dimension. Also if still any trap. Do you know what
could make their growing tips so sensible? Anyway, the peat pellets
seems to be perfect to grow them.

Then, now I have a merrilliana too. Any growing suggestion? It's
really small and I don't want to loose it. It's in sand-peat-bark.

Marcello Catalano