Re: N. mirabilis under lights

From: Andrew Broome (broome@manawatu.gen.nz)
Date: Fri Sep 24 1999 - 15:40:57 PDT

Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 10:40:57 +1200
From: Andrew  Broome <broome@manawatu.gen.nz>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: N. mirabilis under lights

Michael said...

> > I have recently moved some of my Nepenthes from a windowsill to
> > under some flurescent lights. One is doing well, but the other one
> > is starting to go red on the leaves. This has never happened to me
> > before, so if someone could fill me in on what might be happening,
> > I'd appreciate it.
>

> My mirabilis growing under lights do the same thing,

Oddly enough, I've got a N. mirabilis echinostoma seedling in my lowland
tank, under fluorescent lights, and it perpetually looks very pale and
washed out with only a faint red flush to the pitchers. It's growing
right next to several forms of N. rafflesiana, N. x hookeriana etc all
of which have *very* good colour in the pitchers and nice dark green
leaves, some tinged with red.

Maybe N. mirabilis has different light requirements to the 'average' Nep?

Later,

Andrew@home.

*NZKA 137, NAKA 5, SKG, AKA 07212, BKA 073.05, PNAS, MFEC
*NZHS, NZCPS...
* Thought of you as my mountaintop, thought of you as my peak,
* Thought of you as everything, I've had but could not keep.
* - (Pale Blue Eyes) - The Velvet Underground
*Killies: Ducatis: Reptiles & Amphibians: Carnivorous Plants: