UCDavis Carnivore Sale list

From: Barry Meyers-Rice (bamrice@ucdavis.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 23 1999 - 16:26:26 PDT

Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 16:26:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: Barry Meyers-Rice <bamrice@ucdavis.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: UCDavis Carnivore Sale list

Hey Folks,

The following is a summary of what we will have at the UCDavis Plant Sale.
Don't assume we'll have them when you arrive since they may disappear
within seconds of the sale starting. (I am not joking---the mob scene is
spectacular.) No, I cannot set stuff aside for people or do mail order.
First come, first feast. Prices are approximate.

If you have questions about these plants you can email me and I may be
able to tell you more.

Drosera adelae, aliciae binata (Coromandel, multifida extrema, T-Forms),
brevifolia (YES, the one discussed here on the list), capensis (narrow
leaf, white flower forms), capillaris (regular, brasiliensis forms),
nidiformis. Most are $3-5, gallon pots are $7.

Genlisea hispidula $3.50

Pinguicula agnata, ehlersiae, moranensis, hybrids. About $3-5

Utricularia longifolia. Most $2-4

Sarracenia flava, leucophylla, minor, psittacina, purpurea, rubra, minor x
alata. Smaller plants are $7-10. The specimen plants of flava and
leucophylla in 1 gallon pots are $15-$25 (multiple crowns, lots of
pitchers).

Dionaea muscipula---various red trap, or red-tentacle forms. $3.50
(Relatively expensive by our standards)

Nepenthes----many very interesting types that we have never sold before. I
append a small description of these plants as an enticement. Prices are
$7.50 for young sturdy plants. We have a few huge specimen plants with
many pitchers, both upper and lower, but these are much more expensive
(but still madly underpriced).

N. alata---2 clones, one with 7" pitchers with stunning red tubes and
green bellies.

N. gracilis---Small green pitchers are streaked inside with red.

N. maxima---clone #1=Lower pitchers boldly marked deep red and green,
upper solid light green, clone #2=Amazing lower pitchers are dark burgundy
and green, upper pitchers light green flecked with red. Only a few
available.

N. reinwardtiana---Slender, light green pitchers with eyes.

N. thorelii--*Massive* 11" pitchers are darkly marked burgundy on pink,
with peristomes striped in the same colours.

N. tobaica---Delicate green pitchers are veined and flecked with red.

N. ventricosa---several clones, including one with cherry red pitchers,
another with large red pitchers are speckled with deeper red, and have
greenish bellies

N. x mixta---12" (yes, twelve inch) green pitchers, flecked/streaked with
red, which flare to a 1 1/4" wide candy-striped peristome

N x superba---the plant that will not die.

N. thorelii x rafflesiana---9", slender, cigar-iform pitchers with
peristome striped in green and red.

Plus five other Nepenthes of uncertain ID.

Come and get 'em!

Barry

Dr. Barry A. Meyers-Rice
Carnivorous Plant Newsletter