UCDavis Plant Sale on October 2!

From: Barry Meyers-Rice (bamrice@ucdavis.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 23 1999 - 12:48:29 PDT

Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 12:48:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: Barry Meyers-Rice <bamrice@ucdavis.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: UCDavis Plant Sale on October 2!

Hi Folks,

Don't forget that on October 2, UCDavis will be having its annual plant
sale. A huge collection of strange and exotic plants will be sold by the
Davis Arboretum and UCDavis Botanical Conservatory; this extravaganza will
be held at the Arboretum. This is the time to get those neat plants you
see in University collections. Of course, we will have carnivores aplenty!
The prices are kept artificially low in part to sell everything in one
day, and in part to maintain this sale as an annual publicity event which
is good for the Arboretum and Conservatory. All money from the sale goes
back to the Arboretum and Conservatory. Parking is across from the
Arboretum, overflow parking is nearby.

The sale will be from 8 a.m. until 2ish p.m. I will be on hand along with
my cohorts Beth Salvia, Matt Fujita, and John Brittnacher.

We settled on plant prices so low that we felt flushed with both madness
and stupidity! If you plan to attend, arrive early since the line gets
huge and most of the plants disappear within the first few hours.

In my next message to this group I will include the (approximate)
inventory list of what we will have for sale.

Cheers

Barry

Dr. Barry A. Meyers-Rice
Carnivorous Plant Newsletter