Drosera advice...

From: Richard & Lisa Koester (rlkoester1@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Sep 22 1999 - 18:32:23 PDT

Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 20:32:23 -0500
From: Richard & Lisa Koester <rlkoester1@earthlink.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Drosera advice...

The following is advice I was given.... our D. adelae, capensis and
aliciae all have dew. Temps are between 80-82 degrees and the humidity
is between 75-80%... Is it truly recommended that they be standing in
water?

>If your Drosera haven't replaced their dew in a day or so and the
humidity is over 60 percent, they're >probably not getting enough sun.
The D. adelae doesn't want to be in hot sun but still must get bright
>light; they others need sun. Make sure they always have plenty of pure
water to sit in, and once a >week or so throw out the old water and
flush the pot with some water so it runs out the holes; then >stand them
in a half an inch of fresh water.

Thanks in advance.

Lisa.

Lisa Koester,
The Chicago Turtle Club,
A Great Place for Information, Animals, Fun and Friends!
http://www.geocities.com/~chicagoturtle/