Sarracenia minor cultivation....

From: Sundew (sundew@mitmania.net.au)
Date: Mon Sep 20 1999 - 13:33:50 PDT

Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 06:33:50 +1000
From: "Sundew" <sundew@mitmania.net.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sarracenia minor cultivation....

Dear all
Many thanks for all of the input regarding the various S. minor clone
sizes. From all of the information back, it is quite interesting to know
that there are qiute a spectrum of minimum and maximum sizes to which these
beauties can attain, whether it be genetic, growing conditions or a
combination of both.
Now having obtain many answers, I am eager to know just how members of this
Listserve cultivate their S. minor specimens. I have read that they should
ideally be grown with their rhizomes below medium level, of depths to as
much as 3 inches. What experiences do other experts call upon to see what
is the best for the species to thrive?
Any input would be great, as I do have a few specimens growing in live
Tasmanian Sphagnum, all with their rhizomes at growing medium level or half
submerged.

Many thaks in advance.

Nathan J. Clemens

sundwe@mitmania.net.au