Re: Easy to grow from seeds?

From: Chris Teichreb (cjteichr@sfu.ca)
Date: Tue Sep 14 1999 - 12:22:17 PDT

Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 11:22:17 -0800
From: Chris Teichreb <cjteichr@sfu.ca>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Easy to grow from seeds?

Hi Diana,

>Hi:
>
>Are cps easy to grow from seeds? I love experimenting and learning to
>grow various plant families.
>--
>Diana Pederson, Lansing, Michigan, United States, USDA Zone 5
>Editor: http://www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/enabling_garden

        Many cp are very easy to grow from seed, however, they usually take
longer to reach maturity than your typical garden plant/flower. Most are
happy on a media of 1:1 peat and sand, although there are definitely
exceptions. For a beginner, I'd suggest tropical Drosera and Pings, since
these don't need stratification. Good luck!

Happy growing,

Chris