removing from flask.

From: Marc I. Burack (mb.cfg@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Sep 08 1999 - 05:59:51 PDT

Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 08:59:51 -0400
From: "Marc I. Burack" <mb.cfg@mindspring.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: removing from flask.

Dear Matt,

I have had success removing plants from flask by:

1- Carefully remove the plants, (obviously) avoiding too much damage to
the root system. Rinse off all of the agar.

2- I soak the plantlets in a solution of distilled water, superthrive and
fungicide...extremely diluted...like 8 oz. distilled water, 3 drops
superthrive and 5-10 drops of fungicide.. I let them soak for about 3-5 mins.

3- Plant them up and put the pot in a bag (in a terrarium if possible).
After about 3-5 days I cut a hole in the top of the bag and expand the hole
slowly over the next 2 weeks.

This seems to work fine with the exception of D. regia which croaked
repeatedly after I have taken it out of flask.

Hope this helps.

Marc I. Burack
mb.cfg@mindspring.com