Re: One last VFT pollination question

From: Gary Kong (garko@juno.com)
Date: Thu Aug 12 1999 - 22:46:14 PDT

Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 22:46:14 -0700
From: Gary Kong <garko@juno.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: One last VFT pollination question

Chris--

I have a clone of a VFT typical form that doesn't produce pollen. I've
been able to fertilize its stigma with pollen from other pollen-producing
plants. However, it does produce plenty of side shoots, much more so
than the fully fertile clones. But even with the infertile stamens, the
flowers stay open far longer than two days.

Gary Kong
garko@juno.com