First Mailing

From: Peter Quinnear (Peter_Quinnear@rnli.org.uk)
Date: Tue Aug 10 1999 - 06:33:46 PDT

Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 14:33:46 +0100
From: "Peter Quinnear" <Peter_Quinnear@rnli.org.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: First Mailing

Hi I've been reading the list for a while now, so I thought it was
about time to say hello. I live in the south of England and may be
known to UK CPers as I used to run the CPS seed bank before handing
over to Paul a few years back. I grow most types of carnivorous
plants, with the exception of tropicals, I dont have the facilities
to maintain required temperatures. I'm rather pleased with my
Byblis Giganteas at the moment which I regularly attack with a
tuning fork and some tissue to collect pollen. Some nicely swelling
buds can be seen on those I prepared earlier. I'm an enthusiast not
a botanist so apologies in advance if I use the wrong terms. I'm
looking forward to sharing experiences with you all.

Pete