Premature dormancy?

From: Richard Lent (RLENT@holycross.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 06 1999 - 07:10:21 PDT

Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 10:10:21 -0400
From: "Richard Lent" <RLENT@holycross.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Premature dormancy?

I have several species of temperate Drosera (rotundifolia,
intermedia, filiformis) growing under lights in terraria (tray
method). They have finished flowering and now, especially the
intermedia, seem to be going into dormancy. They have stopped
growing and the intermedia have formed what appear to be tight
winter buds. As this is only early August and I have not decreased
the 16-hour photoperiod, can anyone tell me if this is unusual?

Thanks,

Rich Lent

Richard A. Lent Coordinator of Educational Technology Office of the
Dean, College of the Holy Cross One College Street, Worcester, MA
01610-2395 phone: 508-793-2576 fax: 508-793-3791
http://math.holycross.edu/faculty/lent.html
http://science.holycross.edu/webteaching rlent@holycross.edu