Updated CP Webpage!!!

From: Paul V. McCullough (pvmcull@voicenet.com)
Date: Thu Aug 05 1999 - 10:52:49 PDT

Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 13:52:49 -0400
From: "Paul V. McCullough" <pvmcull@voicenet.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Updated CP Webpage!!!

Well, since I've been recuperating, I've finally gotten some time to
update my CP webpage which was getting a bit rickety. Anyway, the new
page preserves my love of graphics but now loads faster (should take a
little more then a minute at standard 56k connections... which are
usually more like 42k-46k for me) then any of my previous efforts. The
pictures the thumbs link to are still largish (not exceedingly so) to
promote photo quality.

All of the new shots on my page were taken in the Klimagro terrarium,
and they feature the baby VFT that sprouted out of the flower stalk,
close ups of my nepenthes madagascarensis, my drosera capillaris and
adelae, two sarracenia purpureas and two sarracenia mystery plants. I
think the last are sarracenia rubra (don't know the subspecies)- but
they've only started to send up the adult style leaves. Originally, I
thought they were sarracenia minor. Can anyone confirm their identity?

The Klimagro photo shoot was done with a friend's magnificent digital
camera- I've GOT to buy one of these. It's macro focus was incredible.
I didn't have much time (only about an hour) to use the camera, so this
was a rushed shoot. But I think for all that, the photos are (for the
most part) beautiful. The originals were shot at 1024x768 then reduced
to 640x480 and compressed into jpeg format at about 75% quality. If
anyone wants a copy of the original 1024x768 shots, I'd be glad to email
them to you.

Also still on my CP site are pictures from two unique NJ bogs! For
those without access to a local bog, this is an excellent chance to see
one.

Cheers,
Paul

For my CP page: