Another Small CP Nursery ?

From: Joe Harden (jharden@txdirect.net)
Date: Sat Jul 31 1999 - 09:26:18 PDT

Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 11:26:18 -0500
From: "Joe Harden" <jharden@txdirect.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Another Small CP Nursery ?

Well, thanks to a few people, my collection has doubled in this summer
alone! I have done pretty well in growing the plants outside for two
years... last year was a sweltering drought, while this year is the coolest
summer we ever had, we haven't broken 100F yet! Which brings me to a
brainstorm.... I found suppliers who mass produce CP tissue culture in
USA... My company has many greenhouses, and Iknow I could 'borrow' a couple
tables here and there. Is there a market for another CP nursery? I know I
can get some VFTs, Sarracenias, Nepenthes here and there from these
suppliers, but I'm unsure of the market....

Next week, I'm going to our annual State-wide convention (Texas Nursery &
Landscape Association Convention), and I'm sure I'll run into half a dozen
or so people dealing in Carnivorous Plants (mostly as a side-venue, not
full-emphasis). I know I can round up all the suppliers I need, I just want
to hear from some of the public.....

Please email me in private, so the List-serv won't get too much traffic...
thanks!

Joe Harden
Jharden@txdirect.net
http://www.mortellaro.com/joe Joe's Carnivorous Plants! (looking for a