ploidy

From: tierney wayne (hybrid_t@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 29 1999 - 11:19:04 PDT

Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 11:19:04 PDT
From: "tierney wayne" <hybrid_t@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: ploidy

Hi everyone,
the discussion about colchicine made me wonder about this: how many species
of cp have a known ploidy, and what are they? I would guess that the ploidy
of some of the Droseras and Sarrs must be known for successful
hybridization, but does anyone know the ploidy of VFT? Wouldn't the natural
ploidy influence the result of treating a plant with colchicine? I'm really
curious to know about this; if someone can send me references that would be
great too.
thanks,
Tierney