H. nutans

From: Sunpitcher@aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 22 1999 - 07:23:28 PDT

Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 10:23:28 EDT
From: Sunpitcher@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: H. nutans

Bill, I don't know which clone I have. I purchased it 1993-1996 (somewhere
in there) from Henning von Schmelling at one of our east coast meetings. The
tag says nutans TC and then what looks like FRGr. I thought that may mean
from Germany. I know he gets stuff from Andreas. If anyone on the list
knows what FRGr might stand for please let me know and I can correct my plant
label. This plant was a struggle to get to grow and for a couple of years I
thought it was a goner but it finally matured and now grows like a weed,
flowers, and happily gives divisions without any problems. It seems the
first mature pitcher in any Heliamphora is a major milestone and after that
they grow rapidly. Angie Nichols, SC