Re: Drosera meristocaulis

From: SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
Date: Wed Jul 21 1999 - 17:34:25 PDT

Date:          Wed, 21 Jul 1999 17:34:25
From: SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject:       Re: Drosera meristocaulis

Dear Matt,

> Anyway, I took another look at some herbarium specimens of the elusive
> Drosera meristocaulis yesterday and all I can say is....
> Drosera scorpioides!!! Looks like they could be related. :) Anyone else
> think so?

Have you ever seen a _D. scorpioides_ with solitary flowers in the
leaf axils? I at least haven't. The scant material of _D. m._ does
not display any gemmae (they would probably make little sense on the
ever-wet Tepuis, anyway). So _D. meristocaulis_ seems to be quite
remote from subgen. Bryastrum both geographically and systematically.

Kind regards
Jan