Dividing S. Psittacina, book suggestions

From: chris (drosera@CAM.ORG)
Date: Mon Jul 19 1999 - 15:11:20 PDT

Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 18:11:20 -0400
From: "chris" <drosera@CAM.ORG>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Dividing S. Psittacina, book suggestions

I have some Saracenia Psittacina that I would like to divide, but
I'm not quite sure how to proceed, given the small (short) rhizome.
I have already done this type of division to S. Purpurea, without
any problems, but I found it easy enough to figure out the growing
points on that. Any advice?

Also, the only book I have on CPs is "Carnivorous Plants of the
World" by James and Patricia Pietropaolo. I'd like to get another
book now, more advanced than that one (but within a reasonable price
range, up to 50$ U.S.) I'm looking for more information on each
species. If any of you have ever seen the "Baensch Aquarium Atlas",
that is more the type of book I'm looking for. But I'll take other
ideas as well.

Thanks.

Chris F.

[HTML file part2 deleted by listprocessor]