Orchid Moss/Nep cuttings

From: William M. Gorum, Jr. (wgorum@softdisk.com)
Date: Mon Jul 19 1999 - 09:07:39 PDT

Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 11:07:39 -0500
From: "William M. Gorum, Jr." <wgorum@softdisk.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Orchid Moss/Nep cuttings

Hey Listmembers!

Yet again, I have a question for you. I'm getting ready to take some
cuttings from my Nepenthes. When I went to buy the long fibered
sphagnum to root them in, the nursery didn't have any, but they did have
orchid moss. The package said that it is a "blend of high quality
imported sphagnum moss for growing most orchids and hanging baskets."
The moss was in strands of about 1" to 3" in most cases. Will this be
an acceptable medium for rooting the Neps? Any info will be greatly
appreciated!

TTYL,
Will
wgorum@softdisk.com \../_