Re: Intergradient leaves

From: tierney wayne (
Date: Sat Jul 17 1999 - 13:52:07 PDT

Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 13:52:07 PDT
From: "tierney wayne" <>
Message-Id: <aabcdefg2612$foo@default>
Subject: Re: Intergradient leaves

Hi Steven,
the word I'm looking for refers to the phenomenon of producing morphological
"throwbacks" -- not the leaves themselves. It's good to have another word to
search with though, and I hadn't thought of "intergradient", so thanks!

Since I don't own Lloyd's book, can you tell me if he says anything else on
the subject? The book is out of print, right? I'd love to find it; should I
just look in used book stores? Or- probably being unrealistic here- does
anyone have a copy for sale? ;-)

>I have read in "The Carnivorous Plants" by Francis Ernist Lloyd, the
>leaves of Cephalotus to be refered to as intergradient, is this the word
>you were looking for? I hope so, I know what it is like to have a word
>on the tip of your tongue, but not be able to confirm it's origin.
>Take Care,
>Steven Stewart

This archive was generated by hypermail 2b30 : Tue Jan 02 2001 - 17:32:01 PST