CPN back issues sent, ICPS Seedbank

From: Barry Meyers-Rice (bamrice@ucdavis.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 16 1999 - 14:41:37 PDT

Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 14:41:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: Barry Meyers-Rice <bamrice@ucdavis.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: CPN back issues sent, ICPS Seedbank

Hey folks,

First off, I have been informed by our back-issue Libararian Tom Johnson
that all the back-issue requests yet received (including March issues of
CPN for late renewals) will be sent off this weekend. This is a big task
for Tom, and I'm glad he's able to whip it into submission.

Second, I get about 3 messages a week from CPers overseas (very often
South America) who find it very hard to get seeds. I tell them that one of
the best ways is to join the ICPS and gain access to the seedbank. But
yesterday, when I was checking over the first draft of CPN 28:3, I noticed
that the seedbank inventory is just about at an all-time low. You know,
these seeds don't magically appear. They require ICPS members to donate
them!

Please get those seeds to Tom Johnson! Think globally, act locally. Ask
not what the ICPS can do for you, but what you can do for the ICPS. Ich
bin einer ICPSer, etc!

Tom's website (for email and snailmail address) is:
http://www.primenet.com/~tjjohns/seed.htm

Cheers

Barry

Dr. Barry A. Meyers-Rice