Re: stalked Drosera

From: Fernando Rivadavia Lopes (fe_rivadavia@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 02 1999 - 14:25:06 PDT

Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 14:25:06 PDT
From: Fernando Rivadavia Lopes <fe_rivadavia@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: stalked Drosera

Hey Dave,

>On page 285 of The Private Lives of Plants, there is a picture of a stalked
>sundew from Mount Roraima. Fernando, in your adventures on the tepui, were
>you able to identify a stalked Drosera? Seems like >I remember you
>mentioning it in one of your recent posts.
>The Drosera that quite often offered by some of the cp societies as
> >Drosera "? tepuis." Has that been named yet?

         What do you mean by "stalked"? Is the stem visible, with long
internodes between the leaves or is it densely covered with old leaves? What
is the shape of the leaf? Any other details? Considering you say it's from
Mt.Roraima, it's most likely D.roraimae, the only species I know off from
that mt. which forms a long stem (covered with old leaves). But you never
know, sometimes these photos are mixed up and might be from another
mountain. As for the D.sp."tepuis", I've never heard of it nor seen it.
Description?

Take Care,

Fernando Rivadavia
Sao Paulo, Brazil