Unhappy Nepenthes chelsonii?

From: A.J. Paton (aj@paton1.free-online.co.uk)
Date: Sat Jun 12 1999 - 14:12:28 PDT

Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 22:12:28 +0100
From: "A.J. Paton" <aj@paton1.free-online.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Unhappy Nepenthes chelsonii?

Hello list!

I have a little problem with my Nepenthes chelsonii that perhaps someone can
help me with.
Earlier in the year I repotted it (back into the same hanging basket -
removing some old soil and roots in the process to add fresh soil), and also
pruned it to make it a more manageable size.
It has been regrowing (slowly), but I have noticed that the tendrils on all
of the new leaves have been turning brown and no pitchers are being formed.
The light / humidity / watering conditions have not changed (it is in a
south facing (slightly shaded) window of my house).

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get it looking happier and producing
pitchers again? - one of the cuttings I took during pruning has sprouted and
looks healthier than the main plant.

Cheers.

A.J.