March issue of CPN

From: Barry Meyers-Rice (bamrice@ucdavis.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 11 1999 - 19:15:13 PDT

Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 19:15:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: Barry Meyers-Rice <bamrice@ucdavis.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: March issue of CPN

Hey folks,

I'm starting to get mail in my folder that reads like the following:

Hi Barry, I just got the June issue, but I never got the March issue. I
mailed my check in late February. What gives?

What gives is the following: Your February check missed the deadline for
the March issue (we work ahead of time to get the issue mailed on time).
In order to save $$$ on shipping costs, we save these late memberships
until the next issue is sent, in this case, the June issue. So you late
renewers will get the June issue within a few days, and the March issue
will take a few weeks for Tom Johnson to renew them.

To decrease this problem, we will be sending out renewal slips with the
September issue, and not the December issue. This way you will have more
time to get your renewal completed.

Cheers

Barry

Dr. Barry A. Meyers-Rice