Re: Sarracenia collection

From: Phil Wilson (cp@pwilson.demon.co.uk)
Date: Wed Jun 09 1999 - 13:01:15 PDT

Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 21:01:15 +0100
From: Phil Wilson <cp@pwilson.demon.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Sarracenia collection

In message <199906072115.WAA21638@goole.octacon.co.uk>, The Ashtons
<Ashton@onyxnet.co.uk> writes
>I was at the North West garden festival at the weekend at Holker Hall and
>the National Council for the Preservation of Plants and Gardens had a
>display which included some impressive Sarracenia. I picked up an excellent
>book by John and Jean Ainsworth - who hold the NCCPG National Collection
>Holders for Sarracenia -does anyone know if it is possible to visit and
>where is it?
>
>Steve Ashton
>email: Ashton@onyxnet.co.uk
>
>I'd rather be birding

Steve,

Yes you will be made very welcome at John and Jean Ainsworth. They
certainly have a very impressive collection of Sarracenias. They are
located almost as far away from you as its possible to be and still
remain in England - in Lancashire.

I can probably find a phone number somewhere but try emailing them on
xev55@dial.pipex.com to arrange a visit.

Regards,
Phil Wilson
Email: cp@pwilson.demon.co.uk