Re: Microscopic water organisms

From: Chris Teichreb (cjteichr@sfu.ca)
Date: Tue Jun 08 1999 - 09:32:25 PDT

Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 09:32:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chris Teichreb <cjteichr@sfu.ca>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Microscopic water organisms

Hi Chris,

        Do a web search for freshwater zooplankton, or if you're able to,
head to your college library and look up Robert Pennak's 'Freshwater
Invertebrates of the United States and Canada'. Other good books to look
up include Wetzel's 'Limnology' or Wetzel and Liken's 'Limnological
Analyses'. All are good starting points for learning about freshwater
inverts. If you have any further questions, feel free to e-mail me.

Regards,

Chris

 On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, chris wrote:

> Hello. I have a five gallon plastic water bowl on my patio in which
> I keep water hyacinth and Utricularia Purpurea. I have become
> fascinated with all the different little water creatures I am
> seeing, and I was wondering if anyone out there knows of any good
> web pages where I could learn about them. I want to know which ones
> are good and which are bad, how they live, breed, etc.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Chris F.
>
> [HTML file part2 deleted by listprocessor]

Chris Teichreb
Department of Biological Sciences
Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, B.C.