venus fly trap..HELP!

From: Toni Edwards (toni@tecinfo.com)
Date: Thu May 27 1999 - 11:34:48 PDT

Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 13:34:48 -0500
From: "Toni Edwards" <toni@tecinfo.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: venus fly trap..HELP!

Hi. I live in the U.S.A. (state of Mississippi) summers are very
very hot and humid here like 100 degrees F. please help me. i am
fixing to get a venus fly trap and i am very interested in growing
one. (it is the plant..not the bulb) anyway..is that too hot to
keep it outside? will the sun fry it? if so..i am planning to keep
it in a terrarium. i have a 10 gallon glass fish tank. the top of
it has flourescent lights and a lid you can open for air
circulation. is that okay to use? so i plant it in peat moss in a
pot a little bigger than what it comes in (that is what the nursery
told me) and keep a little saucer under it full of water right? can
i feed it crickets..the kind you get at bait shops to fish with.
any info on this will be a great help..i have read FAQ's on sites
but still a little confused. thanks!

Toni toni@tecinfo.com

[HTML file part2 deleted by listprocessor]