Re: Nepenthes bicalcarata on trial for death of an inch worm.

From: Rand Nicholson (writserv@nbnet.nb.ca)
Date: Wed May 26 1999 - 19:19:37 PDT

Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 07:19:37 +0500
From: Rand Nicholson <writserv@nbnet.nb.ca>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Nepenthes bicalcarata on trial for death of an inch worm.

Robertivore:

I had a similar problem with S. purpurea and plunged the plant in a bucket
of water overnight, entirely submersing it and weighing it down. I also
covered the container. The plant is too big for a critter to eat a whole
leaf, but there was nightly damage. Three medium size green caterpillars
that hid in the pitchers during the day were the problem.

Slugs will also go after (at least) the new pitchers. HTH.

Kind Regards,

Rand