Favourite Drosera/Germinating Darlingtonia

From: Nigel Hurneyman (NHURNEYM@uk.oracle.com)
Date: Wed May 26 1999 - 03:24:33 PDT

Date: 26 May 99 11:24:33 +0100
From: "Nigel Hurneyman" <NHURNEYM@uk.oracle.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Favourite Drosera/Germinating Darlingtonia

Being a Drosera fan (particularly pygmies), I'm going to be a
hypocrite and suggest you try Byblis gigantea. You will probably
need GA3 to start it, but as a WA plant I reckon it should be ok in
a frost-free environment. Note the wishful thinking - I've never
managed to keep it long enough to verify this.

Regarding Darlingtonia seeds, I put some in the fridge in moist
kitchen roll to stratify them last spring (1998). I looked in on
them infrequently, then this spring all but one seed germinated
while still in the fridge.

Good Growing, NigelH