Re: Humidity

From: Richard George (rgeo@pe.net)
Date: Sun May 23 1999 - 06:51:55 PDT

Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 06:51:55 -0700
From: Richard George <rgeo@pe.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Humidity

I grow most of my CP outdoors with no means of increasing humidity; the
natural humidity is sufficient. I live in Southern California. In the
summer, daytime humidity rarely exceeds 30%, while daytime temperature
often exceeds 105 degrees F. My outdoor CP include Drosera binata, D.
capensis, D. rotundifolia, and many Sarracenia varieties including S.
alata, S. purpurea, S. oreophila, S. flava, S. leucophylla, S. minor,
and several hybrids. One of my hybrids is a clone that I have been
growing outdoors since 1976.

Indoors, I have a few Nepenthes alata plants that are doing fine. In
fact, one is now flowering. They live in a west-facing window with lots
of sunshine and are kept moist.

Richard George