RE: A Ceph Answer

From: Brewer Charles E PHDN (brewerce@nswcphdn.navy.mil)
Date: Tue May 18 1999 - 06:08:07 PDT

Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 09:08:07 -0400
From: Brewer Charles E PHDN <brewerce@nswcphdn.navy.mil>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: A Ceph Answer

        Tierney,
         Re potting Cephs can be a little tricky, but not impossible. I just
got finished re potting about 25 plants and so far all is well. try this
method. I use a large pot, scoop up as much of the root ball of the Ceph
that you can gather and pot it up into the new pot. Sit pot in water for
about an hour to absorb water, then place plant into a cool, dim lighted
room a for a couple of days to recover. keep plant moist, not wet and
gradually move it to more light. Another trick I use is to re pot Cephs
during rainy days. Once potted, I just sit them out into the rain for a day,
then move the to a cool area away from sun, wind and animals. If you have
open pitchers on your plant, make sure they are full water after
transplanting. this helps to keep them from drying out. Hope this helps.
         Charles Brewer
         Va. Beach, Va.