Re: CEPHALOTUS

From: Michael Hunt (mph101@surfree.com)
Date: Mon May 17 1999 - 12:58:09 PDT

Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 15:58:09 -0400
From: "Michael Hunt" <mph101@surfree.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: CEPHALOTUS

I had a very healthy pot of Cephalotus growing in richly colored sphagnum
moss. This plant had flourished for several years. I noticed some white
fungus growing on a part of it last year. Removed it and some of the moss.
Two days later the whole plant was dead and the fungus had come back. Maybe
I should have used a fungicide, but most likely it was too late. I was
reluctant to use fungicide as it seems to kill off sphagnum as well.
I would use a fungicide pronto. I've heard this is a rather common with
Cephalotus? I'm guessing the environment that created it was stagnant air.
~Mike