Attention all Dionaeaphiles!

From: Nathan J. Clemens (sundew@mitmania.net.au)
Date: Sat May 15 1999 - 04:11:11 PDT

Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 21:11:11 +1000
From: "Nathan J. Clemens" <sundew@mitmania.net.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Attention all Dionaeaphiles!

Dear Dionaea experts ;0)

I have just received a supposed D. muscipula form yellow, which is now a
pale green colour. I obtained it on the (past) basis that it used to
produce golden yellow petioles & traps. What I am hoping to do is
experiment with differing growing mediums, to see what can influence the
possible reversion to the yellow colouration. I have just potted these
four specimens into the following:

1. 2 specimens into a mix of German Peat Moss, Vermiculite, &
horticultural sand 2. 2 specimens into a mix of live Tasmanian Sphagnum
& Vermiculite.

Both will be in the same position of full sun, & will be entering into
their dormancy phase very soon. They are outdoors, & will receive light
frosts.

So, what do all of you Dionaea experts think? Do any of you have the
yellow form? I will be contacting the VCPS to see if any members have
them, as I do recall reading about their potential sunburn problems (the
plants that is) last Summer! I will report what I findings come my way, if
any.

Reards

Nathan J. Clemens

email sundew@mitmania.net.au