RE: Ant attack on Sarr.

From: Semanchuk, Phil J (pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com)
Date: Thu May 06 1999 - 05:47:12 PDT

Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 08:47:12 -0400
From: "Semanchuk, Phil J" <pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Ant attack on Sarr.

> Hi, I've been having a major ant problem with my
> Sarracenia this spring.
> Most of the new flower buds are eaten by ants and so
> are the new pitcher shoots (they usually have the
> upper part of the pitcher eaten).

Like David M, I'm not convinced that the ants are your problem. Last year my
S. flava had a steady column of ants marching up and down it for most of the
spring, and it did nothing but grow. My admittedly anecdotal evidence is
that ants (at least the ones here in NC) don't do any harm to Sarracenia.

HTH,
Philip
URL du jour: http://www.learn2.com