Cliff's Nepenthes cultivation article

From: Mark Pogany (markp@en.com)
Date: Tue Apr 27 1999 - 17:35:11 PDT

Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 20:35:11 -0400
From: "Mark Pogany" <markp@en.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Cliff's Nepenthes cultivation article

In CP digest 1807 Cliff Dodd wrote about his experiences with
Nepenthes, how he started growing them and what conditions Cliff has
found works for him along the way. The most interesting part for me
is how many different substrate types various species of neps seem
to prefer through Cliff's trials and errors. I just discovered for
myself that N. madagascariensis does prefer live sphagnum, as
evidenced by the happy young plant I cultivate- formerly almost lost
through a mix of orchid bark and osmunda fiber.

Keep up those articles Cliff! Please post to the list your way of
growing Helios. If any list members have back issues of CPN check
out the photos of Cliff's plants. A truly talented grower!

Mark Pogany Cleveland, Ohio

[HTML file part2 deleted by listprocessor]