Desperately seeking rosetted tuberous Drosera!!!!!!!!!!!

From: Fernando Rivadavia Lopes (fe_rivadavia@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 14 1999 - 21:28:53 PDT

Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 21:28:53 PDT
From: "Fernando Rivadavia Lopes" <fe_rivadavia@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Desperately seeking rosetted tuberous Drosera!!!!!!!!!!!

To all,

        This is a bit of an urgent request. Once again, I offer in
return seeds of rare S.American CPs (Drosera, Utricularia, Genlisea,
and even Heliamphora) to anyone who can get me ONE OR MORE LEAVES
ONLY of any of the tuberous rosetted Drosera, those included in
subgenus Ergaleium section Erythrorhiza. For those of you who don't
know which species this includes, here's a list:

D.browniana
D.bulbosa
D.erythrorhiza
D.lowriei
D.macrophylla
D.orbiculata
D.praefolia
D.prostratoscaposa
D.rosulata
D.tubaestylis
D.whittakeri
D.zonaria

        This includes all the subspecies of course. Because we are
now in April, this request goes out to the CPers in the Southern
Hemisphere, since I imagine that in the Northern Hemisphere the
tuberous Drosera must be dormant already in cultivation. But if any
of you up there ahve any with leaves still green, feel free to write
too!!
        Anyways, this request is for research purposes. I need to get
leaves from a species in sect.Erythrorhiza so that we can sequenced a
gene, which unfortunately was not possible with leaves I had received
from Allen Lowrie a few years ago. All I'm asking for is for someone
to pluck a single leaf from one or more specimens. If any of you
ozzies out there live close to natural populations of the above
species, I would really appreciate it if you could get some leaves
for me. All you have to do is dry them between sheets of tissue paper
and send them over to me. You choose the reward! :):) Please respond
to me personally.

Thanks!!!!

Fernando Rivadavia
Sao Paulo, S.P.