RE: Replanting CP

From: Semanchuk, Phil J (pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com)
Date: Tue Apr 06 1999 - 15:26:10 PDT

Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 18:26:10 -0400
From: "Semanchuk, Phil J" <pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Replanting CP

> I have some Canadian sphagnum peat but having a
> tough time finding washed sand

Hey Chris,
Just going out on a limb here, but are you going on other people's
instructions to use "washed" sand? I think you're misinterpreting what
they're saying. Buy ordinary sand at your local hardware store and rinse it
in a bucket. This is the washing step and the intent is to remove any
mystery crud that might be on the sand that your CPs might not like. Quick
sand tips -- "play" sand is popular, I prefer the finer sandblasting sand
that I get at Home Depot. Silica sand is easy to find and preferable because
it it relatively inert and won't break down into something that will sicken
your plants. Last but not least, you probably should wear a mask when
dealing with sand as silica dust is no good for your lungs.

Obviously, if I'm misinterpreting what *you've* said, please ignore. : )

Hope this helps,
Philip
URL du Jour: http://www.tvfa.org/turnoff.html