Re: D. adelae fower mystery

From: Dionaea@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 29 1999 - 13:53:27 PST

Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 16:53:27 EST
From: Dionaea@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: D. adelae fower mystery

Jonathan,
I don't know what the answer is, but I have experienced this same phenomenon,
i.e., white flowered plants subsequently producing red flowers I have even
sought out the white flowered form because it seemed to me that the leaves are
greener and larger. Well, it turns out that these too turned red (the leaves
also assumed a redder shade and became smaller). Maybe this is a defense
against strong sun light?? But, then again, I have never seen it go the other
way, that is from red to white...

Christoph