Photoperiod and dormancy?

From: Marin (marin@sprint.ca)
Date: Sat Mar 27 1999 - 21:32:12 PST

Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 00:32:12 -0500
From: "Marin" <marin@sprint.ca>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Photoperiod and dormancy?

Hello to everyone.
     I have a few questions relating to lights and dormancy.
     Some of the plants that I bought recently were grown under 24 hour
lighting and were starting to flower, so they were left under the same
conditions in case they would stop flowering and go dormant.
      Will plants go dormant if going from 24 hours of fluorescent light to
the natural outdoor photoperiod during the spring or summer? If so, is it
best to put them into the fridge or cellar for artificial dormancy for a
while and for how long? Plants in question are Dionaea and Sarracenia. Also
what happens to seedlings under same conditions, as I have some seedlings
under the same fluorescent light.