Elevating plants

From: LaPedis, Ron (ron.lapedis@compaq.com)
Date: Wed Mar 17 1999 - 16:18:37 PST

Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 16:18:37 -0800
From: "LaPedis, Ron" <ron.lapedis@compaq.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Message-Id: <aabcdefg844$foo@default>
Subject: Elevating plants

I am using 3/4 inch 'egg crate' plastic. It's the stuff they put in
suspended ceilings over the recessed fluorescent lights. Usually white or
chromed plastic with the square holes in a grid pattern. I use various sizes
of really cheap plant pots to hold the egg crate off the floor of the
terrarium. As the plants grow, I use smaller pots. I had a plastic place cut
the egg crate into 4 inch by 2 foot slices. It comes in a 4 foot by 2 foot

Ron LaPedis
Compaq Tandem Division
Global Development Systems & Engineering
Cupertino, California USA

> Topic No. 21
> Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 10:48:59 -0500
> From: "Eric D. Singer" <edsinger@mindspring.com>
> To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
> Subject: Tank Accessories
> Message-ID: <4.1.19990316103019.009a8d60@mail.mindspring.com>
> Hi,
> I have a 55 gallon tank in which I'm growing my CPs and I'm looking for
> ways to solve two problems. The first is a way to adjust the distance of
> the plants to the fluorescent lamps. Has anyone come up with a neat way
> elevate the plants that can be adjusted as the plants grow in height?
> The second problem is I'm looking for a way to measure the humidity in the
> tank. I've visited several nurseries in the area and have come up with
> nothing so far. I live in a good size city, so there most be a store
> somewhere that carries such an item.
> Thanks in Advance,
> Eric
> Greensboro, NC
> edsinger@mindspring.com

This archive was generated by hypermail 2b30 : Tue Jan 02 2001 - 17:31:55 PST