Re: Byblis gigantea in vitro

From: Guy Van der Kinderen (Guy.VanDerKinderen@rug.ac.be)
Date: Tue Mar 09 1999 - 00:12:25 PST

Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 09:12:25 +0100
From: "Guy Van der Kinderen" <Guy.VanDerKinderen@rug.ac.be>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Byblis gigantea in vitro

Dear Brian,

Two years ago we (me and another member of vzw. Drosera) did manage
to transplant B. gigantea from vitro to normal substrate. The vitro
plants originated from Reginald Deroose, a commercial
vitro-cultivator, so I don't know anything about composition of
medium or treatment during cultivation. Of coarse, planlets were
hardened in the normal way, but no other special treatment was
applied. We transplanted three young plants which are still living
and growing at the moment. So, there might be another reason why your
plants always failed to grow out of vitro.

Kind regards,

Guy Van der Kinderen
vzw. Drosera, Belgium