D.sessilifolia and more

From: Sundew Sundew (sundew@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 04 1999 - 11:52:18 PST

Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 11:52:18 PST
From: "Sundew Sundew" <sundew@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: D.sessilifolia and more

Hi Fernando and list...

I'm going to have to check the fridge as there is a small chance I have
some sessilifolia seed left. Too bad you dont need a small plant as Ive
got a couple extras. The ones I moved to a brighter location look
absolutely beautiful - its a real pleasure having something that looks a
hell of a lot like burmanii but with red tentacles :) Actually, I'm
still looking for the red burmanii if anyone who didn't catch my million
previous requests has any seed to spare!

As for David M's "D. kaieteurensis", he sent me one and it seems to me
to be "D.venusta" or whatever name that plant is currently going by. :(
Mine did flower though... Thanks again, David.

Is this Culham you speak of Alastair? I corresponded with him way back
in the 80's and believe he was just getting into serious work with
Drosera shortly before we lost touch. If you're listening, drop me a
line.

Finally, does anyone in the New York area (or anywhere else) have the
ability and desire to tissue culture a few Drosera? I'd love to donate
some material to a suitable experienced non-profit party :)

Thanks in advance
Matt
NYC